Friday, December 03, 2010

The Scientist

Running in circles
Chasing in tails
Coming back
As we are


Nobody said it was easy
It's such a shame for us to part
Nobody said it was easy
No one ever said it would be so hard


I'm going back to the start...




I don't want you looking into my notebook, into my laptop, into my newspaper, into my mind. I'm an intensely private person at times and I wish you respected that. But you never do, so maybe I should stop hoping that one day you will understand how much it hurts when you don't understand. Or attempt to not understand.


There are times that I will lay my head in your lap and let you peruse through it at will. I will let you stab me when you see something in my mind that you hate me for, something that you didn't like me to think. I will let you hug me when you read happy thoughts and glance at joyful photographs.


Let that time come, and it will, soon enough.

6 comments:

  1. "Communication is the sticky glue that keeps couples together when they're not doing it."

    -UGRS.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ujj, you're quite the bomb.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I understand the need to keep things private...sometimes
    and i also understand how much it stabs you when the need is ignored, neglected!
    there's no1 who can relate more to this post than me!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dandelion, I'm glad I wrote something you could relate to so much :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. long tym since i heard this song n longer it has been to see sum1 attaching the strings so elegantly..beatific n applaud

    ReplyDelete